Sunday, April 18, 2010

How do we parents do all that we do?

Your Blogs URL: authorjulieann.blogspot.com


website: www.jajauthor.com



As a child I always said that I would let my children do what ever they wanted to. I would not get mad for anything they did that others would think was wrong and I would not punish them.

As I have grown out of my childhood days, I see myself doing everything that I once said I would never. I scold resonably, I punish with in terms of fault, I yell at very damaging things that have been done and so on and so on. Now, I sit almost every night and ask myself, 'Why did I get so upset about this or why did I have to punish for that?'

If it were me as a child, it would have been a worse punishment than what I gave to my children, but all the same, I ask why I had to punish?

Today's society basically tells us that our children have to be well behaved and mild tempered or they are ADD or ADHD...now, I have a 9 year old son that DOES have ADHD and it is a struggle daily. I mean, if it isn't going his way, it isn't going anyway at all. I handle this in the best way I possibly know how and things turn around in a few minutes but in a few minutes more, we are struggling again.



This question is not about all of the above though, this question is more in tell with the parents more than with our children.



HOW DO WE PARENTS DO ALL THAT WE DO?



As a child, I never sat around wondering what my parents were or were not getting done...no, I was out acting like a princess locked in a tower, (TRUE STORY of course) and now I know that they were the ones thinking about me and what I was doing, thinking and reacting to at that time.

I am a full time Business Woman, full time MOMMY of three amazing children, full time writer that has a mission to go along with it...( www.jajauthor.com ), full time wife, full time maid (only at home, not my job at all, although there is nothing wrong with it...I have cleaned houses for a living before), full time cook...so on and so on again...

How do we do it? I organize, plan ahead, destress my self with hot showers and keep on going, but by the end of the night, I am exhausted and give out before I get to, usually, 2 of these things above...wifey and writing...and these are two of the things that came first...

Boy, did my parents mean it when they said that having children changes everything...it sure has for me.



I am asking now how you do it as a parent. Maybe some of your techniques will help me in my daily life...

No comments:

Post a Comment